One of our latest favorite dinners is Italian Chicken Pesto Pasta with sautéed broccoli and onions.
2 heads broccoli – chopped
1/2 white onion – chopped
Jan’s crazy salt
4 chicken breast tenderloins
1/2 cup Italian dressing
1 box thin spaghetti
1/4 cup store bought pesto
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
1. Marinate chicken in Italian dressing for at least 1 hour in the fridge.
2. Drizzle olive oil on a cold skillet. Turn on medium heat and add onions. Cook for 3 minutes and add broccoli. Spray broccoli and onions with Pam. Season with crazy salt (I use lots – use however much you like). Cook over medium heat until onions and broccoli are softened (15 minutes).
3. While broccoli and onions are cooking, spray a skillet with Pam and place over medium heat. Add chicken. Cook 6 minutes on each side. I like to cut my chicken while it is cooking into bite sized pieces. Drizzle with Italian dressing and season with salt and pepper.
4. Boil salted water in saucepan. Add spaghetti. Cook until soft. Drain and place back into saucepan. Add pesto and parmesan cheese, stir until pasta is coated. If pasta is dry, add olive oil.
5. Assemble veggies, pasta, and chicken on a plate. Top with crazy salt and more grated cheese. ENJOY!
Leave a Reply