Mr. Bear told me he wanted something with crab for dinner… however I have yet to master anything that involves crab except for my dip. I know that he likes chicken pretty much any and every way it can be cooked, so crab stuffed chicken popped into my head. I researched recipes that included canned crab, chicken, and stuffing, and discovered more recipes than I could handle. I combined about five, plus some of my own ideas, and came up with something incredible!
1. Melt butter over med-low heat in a skillet. Add onions and celery, cook until tender (about 3 minutes). Remove from heat.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, mix together onions, celery, stuffing mix, crab, Old Bay, garlic salt, parmesan cheese, salt & pepper.
3. Coat a baking dish with a thin layer of non-stick spray. Stuff a chicken breast with the crab stuffing. Secure stuffing inside of the chicken breast with two toothpicks. Place in baking dish seam side to the left. Repeat for the other three chicken breasts.
4. Combine the flour and paprika in a small bowl. Sprinkle mixture over the chicken breasts. Drizzle melted butter over the flour. If it seems too dry – add more melted butter.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes. Serve alongside rice and veggies!
(sadly this is the best picture I could take on my iphone)
Leave a Reply