Sorry folks – don’t have a picture of this one! I made this recipe up back when the Bears were living together one summer and all they had to eat were the veggies from Mr. Bear’s Mawmaw’s garden! When you make this pleeeease send me your pictures!
Veggie Stuffed Peppers
- 4 Large Green Peppers caps, cores, and seeds removed
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion diced
- Assortment of Veggies: Carrots, Celery, Zucchini, Yellow Squash, etc. diced
- 1 1/2 c Cooked Brown Rice
- 1 can Tomato Paste
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Parmesan Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Coat skillet with olive oil. Add onion and cook until translucent over med-low heat. Add veggies and spices. Cook 10 minutes.
- Stir in rice, tomato paste, plus 1/2 can water (use tomato paste can).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat small baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Fill peppers with mixture – do not overfill. Sprinkle tops with parmesan cheese.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until the peppers are soft.
Leave a Reply