Happy summer! I’m excited to share my Summer Reading List, inspired by this old blog post. In summers past, I made frequent trips to the library and spent a lot of my free time with my nose in a book. One of my goals every summer is to read more!
As a member of Book of the Month Club and sister of avid readers, I can always find a new book to read. My favorite book genres are YA (young adult), contemporary fiction, and thrillers. Here are the books I’ve read recently, as well as the books I hope to read this summer. I’ll be updating my list as I find more books to add!
Summer Reading List for 2020
- “We Were Liars” – a follower recommended this YA book and I can’t wait to read it! Sounds like a lot of summertime scandal by four wealthy teen friends.
- “One to Watch” – a devastatingly stylish plus-size fashion blogger is invited to be the star of t.v.’s best reality dating show. I was able to snag this book before it comes out in July through BOTM!
- “Big Summer” – the beach read of the summer! Ordered on BOTM!
- “In a Dark Dark Wood” – my cousin said this is a mysterious thriller about a bachelorette party I am sure to love.
- “Untamed” – I’ve already started this bestselling memoir about anxiety, stress, and what it means to be a woman today.
- “To Love and Let Go” – my sister said this memoir of love, loss, and gratitude is a beautiful easy and uplifting read.
- “Finding Mrs. Ford” – a twisty, mesmerizing journey between the rarefied world of Watch Hill, Rhode Island and the warring of gangsters of 1970s suburban Detroit, as a grieving widow is forced to confront the consequences of a fateful summer thirty-five years earlier.
- “The Last Time I Lied” – a woman returns to her childhood summer camp to uncover the real truth to a tragedy.
- “Beach Read” – A romance writer who no longer believes in love and a literary writer stuck in a rut engage in a summer-long challenge that may just upend everything they believe about happily ever afters.
Books I’ve Already Read (and Recommend)
- “Happy and You Know It” – a sneak peek into the lives of wealthy NYC moms, whose delicious scandals actually make them more relatable. (Read this quickly and LOVED IT!)
- “The Testaments” – In a sequel to “The Handmaid’s Tale” you discover what life was like from other character’s points of view and what actually happened to Gilead.
- “The Couple Next Door” – Thriller about marriage, betrayal, and an apparently friendly set of neighbors.
- “The Grace Year” – a YA thriller very similar to the idea of “The Handmaid’s Tale” about young girls sent away to lose their magic before they are married off at a young age.
- “Good Girls Lie” – a YA psychological thriller based on friendship and lies set at a prep school.
- “The Last House Guest” – a thrilling novel set in Maine about lies, friendship, and a mystery death by the bestselling author, Megan Miranda. Also read All the Missing Girls and The Perfect Stranger – SO GOOD.
- “The Retreat” – a psychological thriller in which scary things happen to ordinary people, like a missing child and a house full of secrets.
I wanted to snag Big Summer on BOTM but it’s was sold out. I’ll have to keep trying! Thanks for the recommendations!
Tanvi Rastogi says
That’s quite a list you have got there … I have read a few on there already and will save the others at my library. Love your cute blanket here, btw.
You always have the best reading lists! Summer is the best time to read. Putting these on my wishlist!
Beach Read and Big Summer are both on my list for this summer, too! I read The Couple Next Door a few years ago and loved it!
I’m heading to the beach this week and need to add these to my list. Thanks for the recommendation!
Sarah Lindner says
Looking for a new read so this came at such a good time! xoxo, Sarah
Caila Quinn says
Been looking for a summer book and The Last Guest sound like a great read! Thank you for putting htis together ?
Adaleta Avdic says
I’ve had a couple of these on my list as well, and I’m going to add a few more since I definitely need to do a bit more reading this summer!
i’ve been reading more lately and needed some new picks. thanks for the recs!
cute & little
great list and will be bookmarking this for when i finish my current book!
cute & little
Anna English says
I’m definitely adding a few of these to my cart. Thanks for sharing girl
This is a fun giveaway! I can imagine how helpful this will be to the winner. 🙂