Squash Spinach Sausage Soup
A quick and easy hearty broth based soup for the cold months ahead featuring sweet squash, spinach and Italian sausage.
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 large carrots diced
- 3 celery stalks diced
- 4 links sweet Italian sausage sliced into small cubes
- 2 c butternut squash cubed
- 2 c baby spinach leaves
- 8 c chicken broth 2 32 oz boxes
- 1/2 box pasta can use 1 box but add 2c additional water
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt + Ground Pepper
- 1 tbsp Fresh Italian Parsley chopped
1. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in dutch oven. Add garlic and onions. Cook 2 minutes.
2. Add diced celery and carrots. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add squash.
3. Cover vegetables with 4 cups chicken broth. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low heat for 20 minutes.
4. Add sausage, spinach, pasta, and 4 cups of chicken broth. Cook on medium heat for 7-10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
5. Season with salt, pepper, and fresh chopped Italian parsley. Sprinkle with Romano cheese and serve with crusty bread.