Shredded Chicken Tacos
Shredded Chicken is an easy to make taco filling cooked in a crockpot.
- 2 pouches Simply Organic Mild Taco Simmer Sauce Other Options in Notes
- 28 oz Canned Diced Tomatoes
- 3 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- Corn or Flour Tortillas
- Fresh Cilantro
- 1 Lime
- Taco Toppings See Notes
1. Combine the first three ingredients in a crockpot. Make sure the chicken breast is smothered entirely in tomatoes and sauce.
2. Cook on low heat for 6 hours or high heat for 4-5 hours.
3. Use two forks to shred chicken in a large glass bowl or in the crockpot. If the chicken is not falling apart easily enough, cook for 30 more minutes.
- If you cannot find Simply Organic Simmer Sauce, whisk together 1 package taco seasoning, 1 small diced onion, 2 tablespoons canola oil, 1/2 cup vegetable broth in a bowl.
- Taco Topping Suggestions: sour cream, shredded cheese, crumbled Mexican cheese, broccoli slaw, fresh salsa, crumbled tortilla chips, refried beans, red onions, diced tomato, shredded lettuce.