My daily regimen has changed quite a bit since I became pregnant. I thought it would be fun to share some of the products I currently can’t live without as a second trimester survival kit. There are a lot more things than the six I listed, but most of these items are food and I thought I’d save that for another post. I am also sure that my “Must-Haves” List may vary from another Momma-to-be’s list, but to each her own, right?
1. One of the first things that my Momma gave me when she found out I was pregnant was a bottle of Bio-Oil. This oil is a special moisturizing oil perfect for stretch marks. I use Bio-Oil two times a day on my belly, chest, hips, tush, and thighs. I know stretch marks are inevitable if they are in your genes, but I may as well be as preventative as I can be!
2. Another great product for stretch marks is Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Massage Lotion. I use this lotion every time I get out of the shower and sometimes before bed at night. I apply it to the same areas as I do the Bio-Oil. It smells yummy and is very thick, so it keeps my skin moisturized and smooth.
3. Since I hit 18 weeks, I started having difficulty making it through a night without being uncomfortable. Our bed is in storage, and the mattress I’m staying on is like a rock. However, since I bought a Boppy Pregnancy Pillow last Friday, my nights have been a bit better. The Boppy pillow is AMAZING as it supports my hips, legs, neck, back, and growing belly. If you want a larger pillow, I highly recommend the Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow – I have this too and it helped my back later in pregnancy.
4. Prenatal vitamins are a given – essential for any pregnant girl! I always take the One A Day Prenatal Vitamins or Nature Made Multi Prenatal Vitamin with a full meal in my belly, right before bed, so I don’t get nauseous. They are potent little pills and I don’t recommend taking one without food in your system.
5. I have always known that exfoliated skin shines a little brighter, so I’ve been using a body cleansing daily exfoliating wash ever since I felt I was expanding rapidly during my second trimester. My legs and arms feel smoother after a shower when I know I am washing dead skin cells away.
6. Right now I am currently living in one of two pairs of the Cotton Mayfair Pajamas from Victoria Secret. They are one size larger than any other pajamas I own, so they are big, baggy, and comfortable. With a drawstring waist and button front top, these jammies are perfect for a growing belly (and maybe boobies too – I know mine are exploding).
All opinions expressed are MY OWN. This post contains affiliate links.
What kind of products do pregnant Moms in their second trimester love?