Penny for your thoughts? I’m sharing 8 Things on my mind about style, mental health, motherhood and more.
10 Things on My Mind
- Is Baby A coming early? Ever since my trip to the Labor and Delivery triage unit last week I’ve been on modified bed rest wondering when she is actually going to come. I’ve never been in labor naturally, but it may happen third time around. My doctors hope lessening the amount of time I spend on my feet keeps Baby A cooking for a little longer. It’s been HARD to take breaks when all I want to do is live my regular life and nest like a bird – but my body reminds me I’ve done too much quickly. I’ve never been more thankful for my therapist right now guiding me through this tricky time.
- Halloween Recap – The girls were more excited this year than ever for Halloween! It was so fun to watch the girls and their cousins run from house to house filling up their pumpkin baskets with candy. At last minute Annabelle switched her costume from Descendents‘ Evie to The Princess in Black; she is obsessed with the cape and would wear it daily if we let her! Ailey lived it up as singer Julie from Julie and the Phantoms and Brandon was Ted Lasso. As for me, I didn’t dress up (except to take a picture of my pumpkin belly).
- Girls Bedroom Makeover: We love the progress we have made in the girls’ combined bedroom makeover. My brother in law upgraded their closet and it’s almost complete – we just need a few baskets for storage. Another upgrade: my friend Charlotte is going to create a wallpapered accent wall and install gold sconces above their beds.
- Nursery Update: I didn’t worry about the nursery until now in my pregnancy. The walls are painted and the closet has a new organization system. We ordered a glider, crib mattress, and crib sheets. We still need decorations, a lamp, a side table, and to actually put things away in the room! Oh and the changing dresser lacks a changing pad and is still filled with Ailey’s clothes. All in good time right?
A few more things on my mind…
- TV Shows – I am usually the Queen of Binge-watching TV, but nesting has taken precedence over television the last two months. Now that I’m being forced to lay down, here are some shows with new seasons on my radar: Locke and Key, In the Dark, Succession, and Riverdale.
- Christmas Shopping – I have NEVER purchased Christmas gifts this early, but there is a first time for everything right? Apparently this year’s hottest toy items are selling out fast – like Gabby’s Dollhouse and a Magic Cauldron. I decided to order one big gift each from American Girl for Annabelle and Ailey. They will get a few small things in their stockings and then a bunch of goodies from grandparents + family.
- Baby Registry – A few followers have requested a link to my baby registry, mainly to see which brands we are using for the big items. I’m not going to list my registry here, but if you search my name on Babylist you’ll find it. I’m also going to write a blog post with the baby items we use (brands included) sometime soon.
- Maternity Clothes – I’ve written quite a few posts about non-maternity clothes that work with a baby bump, but have yet to share my favorite brand for actual maternity items. PinkBlush has so many amazing maternity pieces, some I hope still fit postpartum because they’re well made! Use code YAY30 for 30% off your order today. Check out two of my favorite items styled a few ways below:
ICYMI, I did share how I can wear Joules USA while pregnant. Here are a few non-maternity items working with my baby bump – the raincoat is a must have!